- Pakistani who started Islamic TV station to "to portray Muslims in a positive light and help shed stereotypes" beheads wife after she files for divorce.
Muslims follow Sharia law which does not allow women to ask for divorce. Only a man can grant the request, and he can refuse a woman's offer to end the marriage.
In her new book, Egyptian-born American author Nonie Darwish says that in Sharia Law, crimes such as adultery or theft are punishable by beheading, stoning or amputation of limbs.
- !! Surprise!! Musharraf was playing 'double game' with US (Times UK)
- Turkish nationalist: "No Jews, Armenians but Dogs welcome"
- Pakistan's army's pathetic efforts to defeat some 3,000 Taliban fighters, using a reported 12,000 troops ended in defeat and appeasement.
- IBM Offers To Move Laid Off Workers To India
- Tigers kill at least 7 in India